2/26/10

Big Quadropod

 

 How to photograph big prints that need to stay flat. Above, I have clamped my tripod to an eight foot step ladder, at about the seven foot point. The camera is off, so I could shoot the setup. Aperture priority, 4.5, custom WB, and a 30 second timer, so I could step off of the ladder, and get out of the way of the lights, and the ladder, tripod and camera could all"settle down".

Addenda: I'm doing photography for the South Bend Art Museum for the digital registrarial database. Some of the large objects, because they are unframed, or matted in some cases need to stay flat. The problem is then getting enough distance from the object to include all in the photo, and not use the wide end of the camera lens, where nasty barrel distortion lurks. Photoshop can fix a variety of ills, but getting it as right as possible in camera helps, and is also more time efficient.