10/11/14

The Morning Basswood

Turning yellow as the weather cools; a crisp 30 something this morning, with the faint sounds of the ND marching band from the stadium. Football this afternoon.
And not The Morning Basswood. I like the surreal stillness.
Both taken with a regular camera. Smart phones have great cameras now, and have become the camera of choice for many .... but they are not very ergonomic in user terms. As a quick visual note taker, random pussy cat snaps, or doing bank deposits, it's nice to have one close to hand. Fortunately for me, the small "enthusiast" cameras are great machines, with superb image quality, and much better ergonomics than the phone, and a chance that they will survive the phone camera onslaught.

Addenda: Later in the day.

There is one area where phone cameras absolutly excell; sharing instantly with others, across the nation or just the room. The big camera companies have all failed miserably on this. My very nice little Canon S110 has the most cocked up wirless capabilities, and supposedly I can link it to my phone to send images, but they aren't full resolution. What? And it's very complicated to implement. With my phone I can Airdrop the image to my iPad, or email it, or message it. No cumbersome set-up, it's just there and works. As to image quality, some of my favorites came from really crappy cameras under abysmal conditions, including my original, 1st. generartion iPhone.